Deep Roots Learning Solutions, Inc. is currently seeking experienced, OG-certified tutors to join our tutoring team.
Work with students with reading and writing challenges 1:1 using Zoom. Students typically meet with a tutor 2 to 4 times per week, some for the summer and some on an ongoing basis through the school year.
Generally, after school and evening hours (3pm-8pm any US time zone) are preferred. During the summer, daytime hours are also in demand. A minimum of 4 hours per week of availability (Monday to Friday) is required, with a fixed schedule throughout the school year. A different schedule/increased availability for summer is desirable but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree (degree in education or a related field preferred)
- Orton-Gillingham certification through an accredited program (provide verification of a completed practicum)
- At least two years of experience teaching/tutoring using an Orton-Gillingham approach
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Skilled at using Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets including creating, modifying, and sharing documents
- Up-to-date computer with reliable high-speed internet access
- Quiet, distraction-free, environment for conducting online lessons
- A criminal background check will be conducted
Send your resume and proof of Orton-Gillingham certification (including completed practicum) to email@example.com.